Mercer Stainless tanks and silos are used in a wide variety of industries for storing and blending a range of liquids, powders and free-flowing solids. We manufacture silos and tanks up to a capacity of 500,000 litres depending on your requirements, and can cater to your specific needs in relation to heating, cooling, and agitation.
To ensure your product maintains its integrity during storage, we can suggest the appropriate grade of stainless steel, and design the vessel to suit local seismic classifications. Our engineers will work with you on what this means, and also includes a specially engineered mounting, either using legs or a skirt. We can include a range of features such as manholes, clean in place (CIP), level and temperature sensors suitable for your application. Our silos use a specifically designed cone or dome for the base and top, which provide integrated strength and stability. Mercer Stainless can also fabricate larger silos on-site for sizes which are not transportable.
We conform to the highest hygiene standards including welds that do not allow bacterial growth and CIP systems. This will ensure thorough cleaning of vessels and minimise any risk of your product being contaminated. Our tanks and silos can be equipped with the following:
- Agitators, blending, mixing, surface scraping to improve your production efficiency
- Heating and cooling utilising dimple pads, falling film, double skin jackets, tubes & fins designed for atmospheric or pressure, using water, glycol or refrigerants
- Venting for product safety and plant protection
- Sight glasses for operator awareness
- Level sensors
- Temperature sensors
- Manway access to allow operators easy access for inspection and cleaning
- Platforms and Ladders designed to allow access to plant while minimising risk to operator safety